The Digital Technologies Program at Kilberry Valley Primary School focuses on a number of concepts and skills that are built upon over the student's primary years (Prep to Grade 6).
When our Digital Technologies teachers are planning each year level's program and taking into consideration the following:
The Digital Technologies curriculum aims to ensure that students can:
- design, create, manage and evaluate sustainable and innovative digital solutions to meet current and future needs
- use computational thinking, data collection, representation and interpretation; specification, algorithms and development to create digital solutions
- apply systems thinking to monitor, analyse, predict and shape the interactions within and between information systems and the impact of these systems on individuals and environments
- confidently use digital systems to efficiently and effectively automate the transformation of data into information and to creatively communicate ideas in a variety of ways.
- apply protocols and practices that support safe, ethical and respectful communications and collaboration with known and unknown audiences (eSafety and eSmart program)
Click on the link below to view part of the Grade 2 program.
Programming Robotic Cars
Student Tips - Detecting Lies and Staying True (by AMCA and YouTube)